Saturday, February 1, 2014

Artful seating

Welcoming a Beautiful first morning of February...

I have such a fondness  LOVE for vintage  furniture.
I
distinctly remember
a very large round ottoman that my grandparents had at their lake house.

Tufted with beautiful silk twisted fringe from the top edge to the floor.
Upon entering the room through french doors it was the first piece you saw.
Etched in my memory....placed in front of the fireplace.
When we gathered in that room it was my favorite place to sit.

Pinterest
Unique furniture pieces are something I love to incorporate into a space. 
This room is gorgeous, the settee stops you in your tracks... 
the icing on the cake!

Pinterest

Is this a ottoman, a tuft a poof or a settee? 
It's exquisite!

Pinterest
So if you know of or see one of these vintage round settees let me know, 
it's on the top of my scout list!

My Design tip: Seating should be comfy and get attention, like a piece of art.
 A unique piece will be a memorable statement.

CLICK over to SECOND SHOUT OUT BLOG for the whole post 
on my series Saturday's "Designing with vintage"
Also shop my Casual Loves Elegance vintage collection

A beautiful day to you!
xo



1 comment:

  1. Gail, this doesn't look like any lake house I've ever seen...I love it! Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment. Visit often and say Hello!
xo,
Gail