Monday, March 31, 2014

Antique pine armoire

Morning Darlins...
A beautiful last morning of March.

This morning I am loving seeing my newest Antique pine piece. 
It's a very tall, one door armoire.
Yesterday afternoon I picked it up, I couldn't wait to get it home!
 After a thorough vacuuming & wood cleanse with Murphey oil soap.


LOVE  LOVE LOVE it!



Inside has the cutest little drawer. Very primitive no track...
First thing I did...


Changed the knob..
I wanted a pretty little glass knob, 
just so happens I have a little collection of them!


I have a few ideas of where & what will go in it, for now I will use it for big pieces to store during the renovation.
White Ironstone platters... 


Cake plates & vintage dome.


That's all...I took the pictures last night and it was pretty dark so they are a little fuzzy!

My newest vintage find...
I'm so excited it's found a home, here! 
A gorgeous day to you!
xo,
me





4 comments:

  1. Hi gail, its à beautiful morning over hère with you... What a beauty and so moves right into all of our hearts. Speaking for myself I would add a lot of shelving to the piece making room to load it down with beauty.

    It's a piece to LOVE my friend.

    Xx
    Doré

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was thinking the piece should have more shelves too! I think it was originally meant for a wardrobe. The shelves are made with boards and they seem like an add on. Will have to find some old pine to make some... Thank you for sharing with me!
      xo

      Delete
  2. I agree with Doré I too would add shelves for better usage. I think it's a lovely piece.
    Enjoy your week.
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Vera! Have a lovely week will hop over to visit you!
      xo

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment. Visit often and say Hello!
xo,
Gail