Saturday, March 8, 2014

Cozy little spaces, that store wine...

A beautiful Saturday to you...
I LOVE the wine country, 
we have been several times,
 each time I fall in love with it all over again.
We have our favorites but it's lovely to explore new ones.

When we think of a space to store wine collections in, 
we think of a wine cellar.
True?
If you think about what we do when we are at a vineyard tasting wines, 
there always seems to be dining involved.

Pinterest

A home wine cellar or wine room could be designed to host a dinner party.
Intimate spaces with vintage elements pair so well with wine collections.

Pinterest

Gorgeous!
 I'm sure your friends would be requesting to rent this!!!

Pinterest

Wine storage built into the wall keeps the bottles at a cooler temp.

Pinterest

I Love 
seeing
vintage wines they hold mystery & anticipation.

Pinterest

I would call this a dual purpose room...
Wouldn't you?
Can't you just smell the aged oak barrels!


Pinterest

This space would be so amazing in a barn or a loft!
Pinterest
A little DIY project with vintage spools....

My Design tip:
A spare room or closet can make a great wine room. Incorporate vintage elements, host gatherings & enjoy a one of a kind space.

Hop over to SECOND SHOUT OUT BLOG for Saturday's DESIGNING WITH VINTAGE series.
Shop vintage finds for your home & maybe your new project...
 A wine room!!!

CHEERS!
xo,
me




2 comments:

  1. Photos #1, 3,5,6
    Love the feel of each one for various reasons.
    Love the French Brocante feel of 6 and could sit here for sometime reading and enjoying the fruits, yet my favorite space is, photos 3 such a calm space to cellar the wines in chalky beauty of rural rustic elegance. As for the first picture don't you just love the French chandelier mixed with the industrial feel to the center island of service? Who could choose and who could settle on one cellar or one design aspect?

    Thank you Gail, it was an inspiring post
    Xx
    Bisous

    Doré

    ReplyDelete
  2. To have the space available in our home to design a similar room as Photo 1 would make my heart sing. I have an antique French riddling rack filled with fine wine in my dining room. Hey what can I I say I live in an old row home!!! Closet space is precious space. John and I go to our favorite Italian restaurant that has a wine cellar room you can reserve. Besides being romantic it is magical. Gail thank you for collecting such inspiring wine cellar photos.
    XO,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment. Visit often and say Hello!
xo,
Gail