Friday, October 7, 2016

Casual Loves Elegance inspired by

Happy Friday

Inspiration...
 it comes from everywhere and we use it for everything!

 I first became aware of the blog world several years back from the Julia Child movie. 
Story of a young married women who wanted to take on the challenge of Julia's coveted cookbook. She cooked 365 days from the cookbook journaling it onto her blog.
LOVED... the movie.

I was talking with a friend who said she was a blogger soon after. 
 She showed me her blog she encouraged me to check it out.
 OMG I had no idea there was a world of micro magazines on the web!
 Of course I found the fashion world, then the design and food world. 

I was so inspired to start one.

Truth be known I didn't have a computer, I wasn't a photographer, writer and we had a dinosaur PC of my husbands that I didn't know a thing about.

Long story short, that one died and I had to buy one, My kids said I needed a MAC. 
Who doesn't go with what our kids know is best!!!

Naming the blog... was fun but I had no idea what to call it.
What will I write about, who will care?

I began thinking of our biggest obstacle when we first married. 
His house was dark, dated with brown interior, orange avocado green appliances....
yucky 50's -70's beach house. { I saw potential with the house}!!!

After we married I moved all my things in & you could see my things and his needed to come together!
I had to mesh our styles, he was a jock I was a girly model.
I began designing and decorating our homes to incorporate both our styles.

All of this inspired my blog name.

 I meshed our style to described us...
My husband is the casual
I brought the elegance

We love how our every day living marries both of our lifestyles.
The name was easy then...

CASUAL LOVES ELEGANCE



See anything out of place here?


I was doing dishes and looked over to see this!


My husband and son were throwing the ball last night, 
they came in washed up 
&
 that's where the ball was left!

How did you come up with your blog name? What inspired you?
Share it in my comments, would love to know your story!

OH...Fiinally I took the plunged...Casual Loves Elegance is on INSTAGRAM!!
No idea how it works or what to do! Any tips on apps or anything send them my way!

Have a gorgeous weekend!
xo,
Gail




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment. Visit often and say Hello!
xo,
Gail