Monday, September 13, 2010

White clean & open*


When we first bought this house the kitchen was so dark and cold.... I had to immediately come up with some quick design solutions just to make it comfortable and so that I could go in there!!!
Knowing that eventually the whole thing was going to be ripped out, I wanted to achieve a few things that could hold us until the big remodel. One thing that was really bothering me was the dark stained cabinets. By taking off the doors and painting them all white it immediately gave a feeling of clean and openness...

This is a photo of the open shelf... The other upper I put glass in the panel and that's all I have for now.. because the other wall was taken out to see the view of that back yard and pool!

My Design tip: Take the doors off the cabinets, paint them {high gloss enamel} and add glass to the panels doors and instantly you have a cleaner, brighter kitchen..
Enjoy your Monday!
xoxo, me


1 comment:

  1. Love the fact that you are sharing some of your projects with all of us!! I personally love open shelving . . . it is always interesting, beautiful, and you can actually see what you love (the crown and roses especially!) And you don't have to open all those doors all the time . . . :)

    Loved the vintage luggage a few posts back as well - simply perfect for this time of year!! . . . liz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment. Visit often and say Hello!
xo,
Gail