Wednesday, March 16, 2011

French Laundry!




Look what I found a picture of...
This is my favorite little monogramed "P" pillow. It is a Vintage European find.

Ok the Story..
Years ago I used own a store called "Buckingham Mercantile".
I had this wonderful lady who traveled to Europe and handpicked Fabulous Vintage Linens for me. Well, this was in her suitcase of treasures...
She said I thought you might want to keep this because it has your Initial on it.
YES MAM I LOVED it!!!

I used to hand launder each piece and soak them for stains and Iron them myself before I took them for sale to the store..
Well.. One morning I was getting ready to leave and I had a basket of linens to Iron . My Baby "Cade"crawled into the Basket... I grabbed my Camera and took this pillow case out and draped it on the side. I took some pictures and I couldn't believe how cute they were!!
Soo...I thought this would be perfect to use on my Postcard I was designing for the opening of my new Store..
So here it is... I wrote this on the postcard.

...just waiting for mommie to finish the laundry so we can go to the new turn of the century "Buckingham "Mercantile". I can't wait to see you there Cade...

My Design tip: Iron linens when they are freshly laundered and still damp. Do not store until completely dry or they will rust.

Happy White Wednesday Ya'll.
xo,
Me





3 comments:

  1. How adorable, and the perfect postcard to announce your shop opening. Linens are so luxurious. I am grateful to live in France where they are in abundance. Your monogrammed 'P' is beautiful!
    Hope you're having a good week,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story and such a cute photo. My kids used to climb in the laundry basket all the time when they were little.....good memories.

    Take care,

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe that I just stumbled upon your blog! Quite a few years ago I "stumbled" upon your store and added the most adorable little outfits for my boys. I often wondered if your store was still around. Glad to have found you again.

    Terri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment. Visit often and say Hello!
xo,
Gail