Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Our Lake House...

I was born in northern, California... soon after my parents moved to the midwest. We lived in a couple houses, but one day I remember my mom was talking to my grandpa about THIS house... It was listed For Sale on a lake near by. I remember she was very excited and wanted to go see it...



This was the real listing brochure for the house!
They purchase it for $18,000.That's my Dad writing! 

My mom fell in Love with it and they bought it.. I remember seeing it for the first time, I mostly remember how excited my parents were. I think I was going into 1st grade when they bought it. The house was a fixer and my Dad was working on it all the time.

Our Lake {Crooked Lake} and my Grandparents Sand Lake were just a mile or so away...

I have to say we lived in a special place and it was so much fun! Summers we stayed in our bathing suits everyday! I learned to water ski probably at seven. Autumn was so fun too, raking leaves then jumping in the piles! Winter time was just as fun as summer...we ice-skated, rode on our sleds and toboggan.  My family rode snowmobiles, we could ride down our backyard on to the ice... it was very cold!
I appreciate the years we lived there more after I moved away, the town was very small but the people were so genuine..My family knew everyone so it was fun, I cherish the memories... Growing up there in that fabulous old Lake house was absolutely hands down, the best ever!!!

Me

I wonder who's Pearls I have?

xo,

to be continued.... Tomorrow is a very special day!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful lake home! That is an exciting thing to get to live by a lake when you were a little girl! Sounds like you had a wonderful childhood! From one sweetie to another~~~Roxie p.s. your PINK bakelite piece is a KEEPER for sure! Absolutely, gorgeous and sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment. Visit often and say Hello!
xo,
Gail