Saturday, May 11, 2013

Newsworthy Design

Hi Darlins... 
Have some news to share?
Sometimes it just takes some good ole news to refresh a space...

Love this newspaper lined bath! 
I adore the sink... 
I had this exact 1920's pedestal sink for our beach house years ago!
When I see this space I think about the perfect place to shave or to read some news! 

pinterest

Love this pretty botanical inspired decoupage...
 layers of interesting elements turns into a wall of art.
Photo copies of mementos, maps could be intwined in this process.


pinterest
Love this little table next to the wall... 
notice the floor lamp? 
I have chairs just like this one!

pinterst

If words aren't' enough...
 Then, we need a beautiful portrait like this!
The most gorgeous wall E*V*E*R
My Design tip: To achieve this inexpensive yet designer look, vintage sheet music, old letters,book pages even comic strips can be glued to a clean flat wall.

Tomorrow is Mother's day! 
We celebrate a mother's love, so unconditional and true. 
We all have someone who has mothered us in some way, shape or form.
 I know she is special and one of a kind!

 I know my mom was... I love her dearly, she was my best friend....
I will be sending her wishes up to the heavens!
Have a beautiful day!
xo,
me

Hop over to SSO Second Shout Out blog for my "Saturday's Designing with Vintage". 
You can still send her something, it is ok if it's late!
 Just call and tell her something special is coming!




3 comments:

  1. Gail Love the powder room!
    Bless all of the Mothers in the World! Mine is sure to be sainted!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. The newspaper wall is pretty interesting....and I suppose if it stains you can just paper over it? Hope you had a great Mothers Day with your boys~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment. Visit often and say Hello!
xo,
Gail