Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A vintage trough decorated in herbs

Morning Darlins,
I loved this vintage zink trough the moment I saw it...
I believe it to be some kind of a old work sink.

I have visons of someday using as a sink again,
 but till then,
 i love seeing it planted & happily spilling over with herbs...


I have planted in here
Basil
Dill
Scallions
Thyme
&
Chocolate mint!

I love just snipping fresh herbs from here for my recipes.

Here is what it looked like when I first planted it...



If you have a small space, terrace or balcony you can plant a herb garden in a cool container and enjoy fresh herbs anytime!

A beautiful day to you hope you take THYME to enjoy it!!!

xo,
me



5 comments:

  1. Love your sweet herb garden bed. Would love to see it used as a sink. How about using it for parties or events filled with ice chilling bottles of wine or sparkling waters displayed on a counter or patio table or garden feature Gail. how do you find all these wonderful pieces. Would love to see more of your beautiful home.

    See you soon.
    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great piece Gail! I love that it is all planted up with herbs. Love it!!!
    hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail,
    There's nothing more satisfying than adding fresh herbs to your culinary creations. Love the zinc trough, lovely if you do use it eventually as a sink ... But until then just think of all the fun possibilities.
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful and unique piece! I love the planting of the herbs in it....so many wonderful things to use it for especially for a sink~~~Blessings~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous zinc trough!! Love how you used it for a planter. Thanks so much for stopping by and introducing yourself. Beautiful blog.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment. Visit often and say Hello!
xo,
Gail