Saturday, August 1, 2015

Summer blues

Happy AUGUST Darlins,
Just about every activity we enjoy in summer connects us with water.
The color of water is ever-changing, it's beauty appears in many shades of blue.
Bringing those familar colors into our interiors and exteriors adds a relaxing effect.



The many shades of blue are gorgeous and limitless... as seen in the sea.




Blues make us feel welcome.


Depending on the light, blues fade into subtle shades.


Darker blues on exteriors are classic & elegant.

My Design tip: Blues are timeless all year long. Find your perfect shade & soon you'll be drawn to objects with that shade you love.

SECOND SHOUT OUT has a new name..OMERO


So hop over to the OMERO blog today for Saturday's "Designing with vintage".

Photo source today: Pinterest

A beautiful summer weekend to you,

xo,
me

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gail,
    Love blues always have, and always decorated with them u till the last 7 years when I went way too neutral. I often want to add blue into my home, a beautiful French blue, I think when I designed the new Christmas stockings in my etsy from a French table cloth labeled made in France turning it into my stockings I fell all over again with the use of bleu's...what about you? Do you see yourself adding bleu's I'm a old world French vibe?

    Love that beach photo, I could so recreate this and I think I will on my next beach visit with friends.

    Xoxo
    Dore

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment. Visit often and say Hello!
xo,
Gail