Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Sweeeet memories

Darlins....

Do you find when it's your birthday month you get excited too?
As I began saying the First of August that this is my favorite month....

For me.... I savor every day of it
 & 
have wonderful memories to reflect upon throughout the month.

As I look around my home I see little touches of pink {my favorite color} ..


As a young girl ...
my mom kept a pretty petite crystal covered "candy dish" filled with enticing little hard candies. 
Usually lemon drops!
{& colorful ones like these for my birthday}


When I found these, I remembered the dish....


YES...had to have them... 


I'm not really a candy girl, 
but these so reminded me of my mom... that I love the idea for my home.
I've been doing this a long time!

In our home it's usually a holiday or special occasion thing, mostly for it's sweet meaning!
My family is more into baked goodies & ice-cream!

It's those little simple reminders, 
seeing them comforts me 
&  perhaps 
for a moment takes me back to those days... like a warm hug!

I'm so nostalgic & silly like that...

A beautiful day Darlins
I hope you get a big hug inside from something special you see today!
xo,
me



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment. Visit often and say Hello!
xo,
Gail