Tuesday, September 9, 2014

1st Autumn soup a perfect girl's lunch!

Afternoon Darlins,

 I had to do it...
make my first Autumn soup of the season!



It's Autumn however....
here in SoCal it's very warm!
Yesterday, one of my favorite people in the world was coming for a quick visit. 
I thought it would be sweet to catch up,
 show her my renovation updates 
&
 serve lunch at my house!

I wanted to have something light 
yet 
Autumnie!


Lunch for 2
We ate in the dining room, 
I set our zink farm table as follows...
With 2 beautiful round scalloped white & grey cotton quilted placemats, birthday gifts from her! 
Dark grey luxurious linen napkins from Mateo,  another birthday gift from a favorite friend last year!
The ss soup spoon is antique, a family heirloom.
The vintage ironstone soup tureen & cover are finds from the midwest.
The vintage glass baby milk bottle is a find.
Candle is my own DIY!
White hydrangea is from my garden.


The soup: 
Butternut squash.
It was a little warmer that room temp, perfect!


Garnishings of apples, sweet pecans & basil from my garden.
I also made little snowball of feta & with basil from my garden.


We sipped icewater with fresh lemons from our grove.
{Pretending it was a cool Autumn day}
A perfect girls lunch!

I loved having her here, we're grateful for any time together! My boyz came home from school just in time to chat and catch up on her family with two busy beautiful girls. 
She is my cousin, but I love her more than a sister!

Enjoy a beautiful day!
xo,
me

2 comments:

  1. Gail, I would have loved being there. One of my favorite things is having a girl's lunch. Really pretty.
    xx's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nôthings better then dinning over good friendships, and the beauty of Autumn awaiting what winter brings.

    Looking forward to your sharing your renovation.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment. Visit often and say Hello!
xo,
Gail