Saturday, January 16, 2016

Saturday's Designing with Vintage No.11 Chippy Shutter

Welcoming 2016
Are you excited about the New Year? 

I am thrilled to get things rolling... 
I've been working on a clients home & we are finally getting to the finishes.
 I can't wait to show you the project before & afters when we are complete.

Meanwhile here at the French farm house renovation it's quite the mess!!!
 A good ole sawdust, paint, stone work, tile, flooring, trim best kind of mess. 


 Saturday "Designing with Vintage" No. 11 
at home...

Something utilitarian as a built in ironing board I would painted to match the trim work in the space.

We installed this one & it looked like a box on the wall, which it is... and boring at that!

I was scouting vintage doors & I found this vintage european shutter.


I fell in love with the winter white shade of chippy paint & rusty hinge. 


It appeared to be the perfect width.


I have a pretty good tape measure built into my eyes!


I LOVE it! 
A little trim on the bottom & some special sealer so the perfect little chippy paint won't chip of.
 I wanted to add some character to the face of the ironing board door and give it the look of
 a 
cute little cupoard.

Eventually this will be moved to the new laundry room. 
Next week I'll show you why!!!

Let's create & enjoy the beauty around us...
xo,
me 

1 comment:

  1. I love it too Gail, and so wish you would hurry....in a nice way of demanding, so we can, or I can enjoy the fruits of your labor.
    Love the shutters, and the hinges I have some just like them waiting to use them on something like hinging shutters.

    See you soon I hope? :)

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment. Visit often and say Hello!
xo,
Gail